- This event has passed.
Early Stage Symposium
November 15, 2017 - November 16, 2017
The 2017 Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium will be held Nov 15-16 at the Monona Terrace Community & Convention Center in Madison. We had over 600 people attend the conference in 2016 from across the state and beyond and offered more opportunities than ever before for companies to interact with angel and venture investors from Wisconsin and well beyond.
In addition to the Tech Council Investor Network’s presentation tracks and the ever-popular Elevator Pitch Olympics, we will again feature a speed-dating segment — “Investor Intros” — allowing entrepreneurs to introduce themselves and their ideas to investors. Don’t delay, however, in applying for one (or all three) opportunities to make yourself known to investors!
Please visit the “Presenting Companies” page to find the 2017 applications with instructions. In order for our steering committee to make selections, we need your applications by 5 pm Friday, September 29, 2017.
As always, the Early Stage Symposium features plenty of informative and inspiring speakers, panel discussions, networking and much more.
Companies have an opportunity to make presentations and meet with investors, along with other entrepreneurs and business leaders. Many firms have cited participation in the conference as a key factor for significant business growth. Nearly 500 companies have presented during this fall conference in one format or another over the years, including some of the largest technology companies that call Wisconsin home. Information on presenting companies coming soon…
The 3rd annual Wisconsin WOMEN Reception will be held on Nov 14, and will kick off the full Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium, which begins on the morning of Nov 15th.
The two-day event also will feature:
- Presentations by more than two dozen companies selected for the Tech Council Investor Networks’ track. Investors from across Wisconsin and beyond will attend.
- Returning this year – a speed-dating style event called Investor Intros.
- The 13th annual Elevator Pitch Olympics, which provide 90-second presentation opportunities for additional companies. A panel of experienced investors judge the pitches and offer feedback.
- More than a dozen panel discussions + educational seminars featuring leading entrepreneurs, investors and others tied to the tech sector.
- “Office hours,” offering the opportunity to meet with subject experts on a variety of topics in small discussion groups.
- SBIR/STTR awards luncheon to recognize grant recipients from the past year.
- The 4th annual “Excellence in Entrepreneurial Education” award presentation.
- The annual “First Look” Forum featuring selected campus-based technologies.
- Exhibit hall showcasing more than 40 Wisconsin companies.
- A first-night reception, two luncheons, two breakfasts and other networking opportunities, including an investors-only dinner.