Apply by September 15 to win one of four $25,000 awards!
Wisconsin social enterprises are blurring the lines between traditional for-profit and nonprofit models. The competition and showcase event are intended to provide organizations with the opportunity to:
- Highlight the innovative and impactful work taking place across Wisconsin
- Expand their networks
- Engage with funders, investors, policy-makers
Force for Positive Change Competition
The competition is intended to celebrate social enterprise in Wisconsin, including organizations that take a business model approach to making a positive difference in our state by deliberately addressing social challenges affecting people and/or the planet (i.e., double- or triple-bottom-line business models).
This competition is the brainchild of John and Tashia Morgridge, who are funding the inaugural awards.
AWARDS & TIMING
Up to four winners will be awarded an unrestricted cash prize of $25,000 each and will be asked to present at the November 18 event.
The competition will proceed through two phases. Phase I applications are due September 15. Select applicants will be invited to continue to Phase II.
Entities eligible to compete must:
- Be an incorporated enterprise (either a nonprofit entity or for-profit company) with a revenue-generating product or service already on the market or in use
- Address a significant social and/or environmental challenge that exists in Wisconsin (that may also exist elsewhere) either through their products or services or through their operations
- Have a staffed base of operations in Wisconsin
Awards will be presented at the Force for Positive Change event on Friday, November 18, in Madison, Wisconsin.