By Judy Newman, Wisconsin State Journal
Five young companies from the Madison area are among 13 finalists that have made it to the final round of judging for the Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest.
- Cellular Logistics, Sun Prairie: A new way to treat heart failure.
- Cardigan, Madison: A new way for people to exchange contact information.
- DotCom Therapy, Madison: An online platform to connect patients to a certified speech-language pathologist.
- ThirdSpace, Madison: Cloud-based software for solving business problems and enhancing office culture.
- EWPanel, Madison: A nanogenerator for generating electricity from human body movement to be used for wearable products.
The other startup finalists include ideas for delivering cancer drugs; an electronic compass to help firefighters find their way in smoky fires; and a pickup service to transport organic waste to compost piles. Read more …