13 Mar URP STATEMENT ON COVID-19/CORONA VIRUS
The health and safety of the people working in University Research Park is of the upmost priority. As we collectively monitor and react to the news of the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to make you aware of steps University Research Park is taking and offer some recommendations of precautionary steps you can take at your own companies.
- URP is expanding janitorial service to include more frequent cleaning on common areas, including disinfecting additional high-touch surfaces.
- URP is placing CDC-issued posters recommending good hygiene in high-traffic areas such as building entrances to multi-tenant buildings, bathrooms, elevators, and common areas. Additional posters may be obtained here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf We recommend placing copies of this poster in high-traffic areas of your workplace, such as breakrooms and bathrooms.
- To promote social distancing, URP is canceling all events with more than 50 attendees occurring in our conference rooms beginning on Friday, March 13th. The conference rooms remain available for groups of less than 50 attendees.
- URP has prohibited its property management company and vendors from permitting individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 from performing work on our behalf on URP premises. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- URP will no longer accept package delivery at its office located in the MGE Innovation Center at 510 Charmany Drive. Please coordinate with your mail carrier to ensure packages are deliverable.
- URP is requesting that tenants inform us if any of their employees have confirmed, laboratory tested cases of COVID-19. Please tell us the location where this employee worked, and when. When informing us, be sure to follow all medical privacy laws and norms and do not share their name or personal information. URP will work to inform tenants of the location of any known cases so they may take precautionary measures.
- URP is regularly monitoring updates from public health officials and will be in contact with you should the situation change.
In addition to placing the CDC-issued posters around your workplace, we recommend taking the following steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Promote social distancing by providing flexible work arrangements for employees, such as working from home or alternative scheduling. Additionally, limit visitors and guests to your workplace by holding meetings via video or phone conference.
- Explore the extension of paid sick leave for those employees who are either excluded from current policies or for those with limited available sick leave.
- Forbid employees exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 from entering the workplace and URP property.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning high-touch surfaces within your workplace with disinfecting spray.
- Continue to regularly monitor the CDC and other public health agencies for updates.
Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together to keep the URP community as safe healthy as possible.