University Research Park is embarking on an executive search process to hire an Associate Director, due to the retirement of the incumbent.
The Associate Director of University Research Park serves as the chief operating officer with a particular emphasis on overseeing the park’s real estate operations. Reporting to and working closely with the Managing Director, the Associate Director is the point person responsible for overseeing real estate leasing, property management, construction, and real estate development activities. The Associate Director supervises other staff responsible for leasing and facility and asset management. The Associate Director manages and staffs the Design Review Board, which oversees all design approvals for park projects. The successful candidate will be a real estate professional with excellent communication, negotiation, and finance skills.
- Overseeing development, management, and maintenance of University Research Park properties.
- Negotiating land and building leases for University Research Park owned property.
- Developing proposals to companies interested in locating in University Research Park.
- Developing and presenting pro forma analyses on potential real estate transactions.
- Managing or co-managing Research Park development projects including design, leasing, financing, securing entitlements, and construction of new real estate projects.
- Collaborating with and supervising the Assistant Director for Facilities and Asset Management on property construction, maintenance, and management issues.
- Managing specialized facilities, workouts, university-supporting projects, a community TV/radio tower, and other special projects.
- Managing and staffing the Design Review Board.
- Assisting in and supporting marketing, promotion, and communication strategy.
- Conducting tours and giving presentations to groups on University Research Park’s development and philosophy.
- Participating with state, local, university and private groups in marketing Madison and University Research Park.
- Assisting in all aspects of University Research Park operations, and being in charge in the Managing Director’s absence.
- Demonstrable experience as a real estate professional with some combination of real estate development, commercial leasing, and/or real estate finance experience.
- Working knowledge of real estate finance and ability to independently conduct real estate finance analyses.
- Basic understanding of the construction and operation of commercial property. Familiarity with science and laboratory facilities is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to represent University Research Park in negotiations.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with University Research Park staff, tenants, stakeholders, brokers, university community members, and government officials.
- Desire to work collaboratively with a team to advance the University of Wisconsin–Madison’s mission and support research and technology-oriented companies and entrepreneurs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Wisconsin real estate broker’s license, or equivalent credential, is desirable, but not required.
Application must be received by: MARCH 11, 2016
Click Here to apply!