18 Jun Madworks Coworking celebrates its first year at URP
Madworks Coworking had a lot to celebrate during a gathering at University Research Park on Tuesday. Madworks is celebrating its first year at the Park, as well as the launch of its first seed accelerator program.
“We’re excited about where Madworks is headed,” said Greg Hyer, interim director, University Research Park. “Not only do they serve as a cost effective resource for startup companies and entrepreneurs, but now, through the seed accelerator program, they’re taking that next step and connecting young businesses with a network of resources to help make them successful.”
The party also served as an opportunity to recognize the efforts of the 11 young businesses that comprise the first class of the Madworks program:
- 900dpi LLC – 900dpi eliminates the setup and support hassle that comes with building websites as a freelance web designer or developer
- BlueTipz LLC – Ice fishing hardware startup with smartphone connected alerting device that lets you catch more fish faster
- CleMetric – CleMetric combines the power of streams computing, machine learning and visual discovery to develop advanced data analytics software for healthcare operations management and medical research
- ConfPlus, Inc. – ConfPlus provides event mobile solutions to enhance the user experience for all event participants
- Deneb Outdoors – Deneb Outdoors is an outdoor brand that is creating the next generation of outdoor products that are high performing, sustainable, and cost competitive
- ivMD (planned company name) – We’re not a company yet, but we plan to make medical software that handles medical decision making for organ donors and other patient populations that are critically ill
- Smart UQ – We feature the best-in-class analytics to significantly accelerate and enhance complex simulations
- SELA Medical – SELA™ overcomes the limitations of current topical anesthetic applicators and offers healthcare providers a universal applicator with selectable spray options, enabling its effective use with both indirect and direct laryngoscopes, as well as other airway visualization devices
- VexDel – VexDel provides data analytics software for customer analysis
- ZeroNine – ZeroNine makes attorneys more effective at prior art search through a unique approach to search and various workflow improvements
- Zuntik – Zuntik is an online calendar distribution tool that allows users to create, upload, and manage virtual calendars and share them with their communities
The accelerator is based on best practices of lean start-up. Entrepreneurs will work with accelerator staff and mentors in seeking verification of the commercial viability of their business models. The team will collaborate to set milestones, which will provide access to additional capital. At summer’s end, the entrepreneurs will work with the accelerator team to seek an additional round of funding.