- This event has passed.
2021/22 CDL Course, July 30 Application Deadline
Applications are due July 30 for the nine-month program that starts this October
Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) is seeking applications from motivated venture founders in the process of building the world’s most promising science and technology startups who could benefit from mentorship, technical advice and the opportunity to raise capital.
The nonprofit organization’s mission is to accelerate the commercialization of science for the betterment of humankind. CDL runs a nine-month, objectives-based program for massively scalable, seed-stage, science- and tech-based companies in 15 streams at nine sites across the globe.
More than 4,000 founders from over 1,700 companies have already participated in CDL since 2012, and CAD $8 billion in equity value has been created through the program. CDL does not charge any fees or take equity.
Five key elements help venture founders transform their projects into scalable, financeable companies:
- Objective-setting, which guides companies to focus on what’s most important to their business;
- Focused mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs who have founded, led, and sold significant tech companies;
- Technical advice from world-leading scientists, engineers, and economists;
- Hands-on support from top business students;
- Opportunities to raise capital, including from angels and venture capitalists in Europe and North America.
Objective-setting is the most important pillar of CDL’s program. CDL Mentors, Fellows and Associates, meet with founders every eight weeks at CDL Sessions to assess a company’s progress and choose new objectives for the next eight weeks. Each of these sessions immerses founders in a community of accomplished entrepreneurs with the judgment required to build massively scalable companies.
Applications are due July 30 for the 10th annual cohort, which will start in October 2021.
For more information and links to apply:
LEARN MORE about CDL Wisconsin Course